Chainplate eybolt replacement

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

aadewar

Chainplate eybolt replacement

Inlägg av aadewar »

Hello-on our first IF we replaced the eyebolts for the chainplates with a Wichard part as recommended on the forum. I want to do it on the "new" IF. I can't find the part number. Can anybody help?

Aaron

Användarvisningsbild
maja
Been liked: 15 times

Inlägg av maja »

The chainplates for the upper shrouds are not recommended to be changed. As far as the plates for the lowers are concered, the Assocoation has never recommended Wichard. Instead there is now a special manufacured replacement part. It is sold only to members of the Association and other national IF-boat associations. You may have a look at them at http://www.ifboat.com/teknik/röstjärn1.pdf and http://www.ifboat.com/teknik/röstjärn2.pdf .
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983

aadewar

Inlägg av aadewar »

Thank you-those are very different. Is it possible to buy them frm the US? We don't have an association as far as I know.

I recall replacing uppers and lowers. Many owners expressed concern about the original eyes, but I remember the originals seemed in good shape. Perhaps I'll remove and inspect them today.

Aaron

Användarvisningsbild
maja
Been liked: 15 times

Inlägg av maja »

Those chainplates for the lower shrounds have been designed by a Danish IF-boat owner and are only sold and distributed within the IF-boat community. Presently they are manufactured in and distributed from Sweden. Price is SEK 850:- (about USD 130:-) for a set of 2 units plus extra postage outside Sweden.

The Swedish IF-boat Association is a genuine "Non Profit Organisation", i. e. open for membership from anyone in the world.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983

Skriv svar