Marieholm 26 engine/starter electronics

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

Dill

Marieholm 26 engine/starter electronics

Inlägg av Dill »

Hello guys,

I inherited an M26 from '78 with an Volvo Penta MD5a. As I don't know nothing about it's engine and the corresponding electrics I do have some questions, hopefully someone could give answers to.

There are 3 green lights at the cockpits starter panel lighting up when turning the starter key. What does they say?

At the beginning the starter electronics beeper did beep at position 2 and 3 (before the position to start the motor). Now it doesn't anymore.
The motor still starts without issues anyway! What does the beeper tell if working and what could it mean if it doesn't?

If engine is is running, technically it is possible to turn back the starter key to position 0 and even pull it without stopping the engine. I thought it would be better for safety (key breaking) until I recognized, the alternator isn't loading the starter battery without the key turned.
Are there any other possible issues if the key is turned back to off?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Dill
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Re: Marieholm 26 engine/starter electronics

Inlägg av maja »

There are dokuments called "Volvo Penta MD5 for dummies" to be found on the Internet. Most of those are in Swedish language.

For members of the Swedish IF-boat Association there is a shop service manual in English to be found on our website. You have to log in as a member to get this.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Skriv svar